Play Station 4 Release Counter

Monday, January 23, 2012

Irv Gotti For President.............Of Def Jam.

Former Murder Inc. CEO Irv Gotti has clarified speculation on being anti-Def Jam and wanting to takeover the historic label's presidential vacancy after numerous controversial remarks last fall. In it''s perspective, the fans and fellow entertainers alike pushed his Def Jam campaign.


"It caused a buzz, and I want people to know I didn't start the whole 'Irv Gotti for president' thing; the people did," the former Def Jam A&R told MTV News as he walked the red carpet at the reopening of Jay-Z's 40/40 Club in Manhattan last week. "It was a crazy thing, and it was all good." It doesn't seem like Def Jam brass will put Irv in the big chair, but Gotti is appreciative of the support he has gotten from the hip-hop community. "Everybody was riding. It was a lot of love," he said last week. "Everybody felt what I was saying and was riding." (MTV)
Recently, Gotti offered his take on why Def Jam is in dire need of a president.
"Def Jam ain't f*cking with me, I'm too much of a n*gga," Gotti said in an interview. "Yeah. [laughs] As quoted. I mean, Def Jam, I shouldn't even comment on it because it gets me angry because there hasn't been a president since [Jay-Z], really. It's a terrible thing because it's so important to the culture and it's like they're just letting it go away, they ain't paying any attention to it. I'm from Hollis, Queens so Def Jam was my inspiration to have Murder Inc. and just for them to not have no one being president there, even after we hoot and hollered, I wanted it so bad, not even for the money or nothing. I just love the culture and Def Jam is the light of the culture. So to have no one there, the powers that be don't care. They don't care about my culture. I don't want to talk about it. Please retract the n*gga statement." (The Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment