Play Station 4 Release Counter

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Diddy & Shyne Squash The Beef

After holding a grudge toward his former Bad Boy Records boss Diddy for over a decade, rapper Shyne claims he is back on good terms with the music mogul.
According to Shyne, they had a conversation and ironed all of their issues out.
"As far as Puff is concerned, that's been a long time coming," Shyne exclusively told MTV News of the conversation he and the Bad Boy CEO had earlier this month. "He had reached out to me twice while I was in the pen, but I just wasn't ready for it." Shyne wouldn't elaborate on the details of his and Combs' conversation, but he did walk away from the call in a much more positive place. "For me, the conversation was a confirmation of what I felt. Son kept it super tall, and that's what it's about. When a man says, 'Listen, as a man, I make mistakes and I own that.' What could you do?" Well what can they do? Surely the two can get back into the studio, but Shyne didn't dish on any new musical developments. He did reveal that the two plan to have a second conversation, this time in person. "I just feel real good about moving on with our relationship. Me and son, we gonna get together in Paris -- I'm in Paris right now. We gonna get together in a couple of weeks, and we gonna sit at the roundtable." (MTV)
In summer 2010, Shyne said he did not understand Diddy's lack of support during their 2000 court battle 
over a nightclub shooting.



"I don't know whether he was nervous, afraid," Shyne says of Puffy. "When you're afraid and you're emotional, that's a different survival tactic. Those are the people that do anything, regardless of character and integrity, to preserve and protect themselves, regardless of who they hurt. I guess maybe that was the situation. Never been in a situation like that, where he facing years, and he got hundreds of millions and all that shit at stake. But where I'm from, doesn't matter. You lose everything for your comrade. Again, if you're in battle, I'll catch a bullet, too. It ain't like, Yo, he's dead. Don't make no sense for me to die, too. Nah, I'ma die, too! So you hope or you take for granted that all men are the same. But I know all men are not." (XXL Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment